Of course, when looking to impress people that you have meet for the first time, it is easier to do it by text. You have time to think about what you want to write and also, say anything you want. This is especially true for those who are looking for ways to impress the opposite sex.
Here are some great ways with the help of which you can amp up your texting game:
- Start with a joke. If you want to keep it casual and fun, it’s always a good idea to break the ice with a joke. But be careful; don’t send a joke that references something sexual. You know those jokes that you used to make while a kid? These might work this time around. Jokes like ‘the elephant crocheted something in a tree’ might be this kind of a joke. Not funny? Certainly there is someone out there who thinks it is.
- Make it sound like a poll. ‘What would you choose between pizza and dessert?’ or questions like these. They sound funny, it makes people think and you can have a laugh about it too. Also, you can play on this for the long run. This is the easiest way to keep it fun and light. Based on these answers you can determine if the other person has a sense a humor as well. If this is the case well, you can continue and maybe make the same jokes over dinner as well!
- Ask a quirky question. If you do not know how to start a conversation with a text, just think of the quirkiest thing. If the other person is as fun as you and knows how to appreciate your humor, will continue in the same style. Remember that having fun together is actually a big plus.
- Never give one word answers. If you want this discussion to continue, even though it’s been some sharing of silly texts, then you should put some effort in it as well. Continue with the same type of jokes or ask questions the other person. You need to seem interested in order to become interesting for the other person as well. Avoid answers like ‘yes’ or ‘no’, the conversation will die very fast.
- Use gifs or emoji. I know everyone started hating at some point these, but they are in fact very effective. If you do not know what to say in a text, you can very well use a gif. You can also write entire messages by using emoji. They are not just for teenagers; you can have a lot of fun with these. Don’t believe me? Just try it! If the other person doesn’t find them funny enough, maybe you should find someone who does.
You are now prepared to keep a conversation flowing by using texts. Remember that this should be kept up just for a period of time. If you do like the other person, you should not hesitate to take him or her out. Postponing the face to face interaction will ruin everything you have going for you.
It is hard to be an introvert and in love but you need to make this step. If you keep it just at the level of texts someone might get born. So, if you are interested why not put the effort in it?